and all the work done after the signing of the environmental impact of coal power plant construction or imapekta Environmental Assessment (iaie) and ask for the public’s opinion is tamasai! But this was a terrible joke with the people who set up a power plant in Bangladesh which is not only one of the world’s natural resources are very near the Sundarbans, is located in the dangerous range. Rampaul coal power stations for the land acquisition order is 010 of 7 December, the Indian company enatipisira with the PDP joint venture or a joint investment agreement is 9 January 01 at the the 013 in January “Final Report on Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) of 2 × (500-660) MW Coal Based Power Plant to be constructed at the location of Khulna “in the center of the coal iaieti oyebasaite fitting PDP has been to seek the opinion of 15 February 013. The final execution of the project without clearance from the complete removal of the investment environment and the acceptance of the license for the purpose of this question is iaiera.
Serious environmental pollution caused by coal-based power plant typically stored in the forest, and settlers from 0 to 15 km of the coal power plant construction is approved. According to the report, the proposed 13 MW iaie 0 Rampaul coal power project is just 14 km away from the beautiful forests of the Sundarbans, which is around 10 km enabhairanamentali Critical Area (ECN), 4 km away from the safe, as has been claimed. But the Indian enatipisi the Sundarbans in the Power Center to build on the bharaterai Wildlife Protection Act, 197 and, according to the center 15 km radius of any tiger / elephant conservation areas, biodiversity is important for forests, national parks, wildlife sanctuary, or any other protected forests Must not have. The Indian company enatipisike the Sundarbans as agents of the destruction of the environment is to build coal power plant, when to do so would not be in his own country! The 14 km distance from the Sundarbans is the debate over whether, in fact, a distance of 9 km from the Sundarbans. Iaie in real time in one place in the project area was part of the sundarabanerai, setalara or settlers cut down the forest homeland has:
“The area is about 14 km northeastwards from the Nalian Range of Sundarbans. Once it was a part of Sundarbans but had been evacuated by the settlers. “(Iaie, page 08)
Whatever the distance whole area of the Sundarbans bastusansthanera intimate with, because it is a sensitive area of 13 0 MW coal power plant to generate large-scale, and the results will be very important in the decision. Environmental impact of the construction of power stations in the thick of the spots, the center of operations for the duration of the power plant’s coal transportation impact analysis has been divided into three.
The environmental impact of agriculture and the construction of power stations:
660 MW Coal Power Center will have two power units. For 48 months or four years to build the first unit and the second unit by the end of 6 months to 4 years time it will take the excess of the total. During the four and half years across the whole of the Environment, Agriculture, Fisheries and water resources of the country have written on the bottom:
1) ramapale 13 0 MW power station for 1834 acres Agriculture, Fisheries farming and residential areas, land acquisition has been, however, the same size for a project acquired land is 79 acres of the most bhagatai one-crop or barren Wasteland. (Rayagada iaie, Executive Summary , page 1). According to the report, the proposed project area in the center of the iaie Rampal (1834 acres) of agricultural land and 95 percent of 10 km radius around the area (study area), 75 percent of the agricultural land where the rate of production of other crops, including rice, shrimp, or the (page 135, 194, 197 , 198, and 04):
B) within a radius of the center of the 10-year 6, 353 tons and 85 tons of rice produced in the project area 1;
B) In addition to the main power center within a radius of 10 is produced 1,40,461 tonnes of other cereals;
C) at an average of 3/4 cows, and / mahisa 3, 4 goats, 1 sheep, hasa 5, 6/7 and poultry keeping;
D) The area of mangrove forest, rivers and canals, freshwater and brackish water fish rich database connection to the area. Mesh across the canal and river network of biological diversity and balance. Within a radius of 10 km from the center of the 5 18.66 metric tons per year, and the project area (1834 acres), 569.41 metric tons of fish were produced.
Iaie The project for the construction of power stations in the area (1834 acres) of rice, fish, domestic animals, etc. The product will destroy the optimism that has been expressed, if you follow the proper environment byabasthapana 10 km outside the area will not have any adverse effects (). Although various types of construction works, dredging, has a wide variety of chemical and oil: sarana of animals and maidara the river, connecting the canal, the tide – the tide plabana land area of habitat Fisheries, Fisheries movement and variations may suffer shocks that have been published. ( on page 66, and 67)
Ii) the creation of goods and equipment for the center of the river will be transmitted through the Sundarbans. This additional movement of vessels, not oil: sarana, sabdadusana, light, waste not sarana not control the environment in accordance with the laws of the Sundarbans eco-system of the Royal Bengal Tiger, Deer, Dolphin, on the harmful effects of mangrove forest in the iaie have been fear. (on page 68)
3) for the project byabahrata equipment, vehicles, generators, etc. Burge oil burning will emit harmful carbon dioxide, and nitrogen dioxide. This will be the amount of carbon and naitrojera ksitakara influence or 4/5 of what sort of construction will be a review of the report is not iaie.
4) use of construction equipment and vehicles will result in noise. The construction phase noise levels and the effect on the environment around the Sundarbans and project it has not been verified in iaie.
5) Create the right environment in which various types of solid waste will be generated through the management control of the harmful effects on the environment of fear has been that;
6) a construction crane near the river – water canals, construction machinery and transport oil out of sarita water may cause pollution.
7) dredging of the river will ghola. Dredging is not the right way to control the oil grija and give out the river water will be polluted.
8) mangrove forest that lines the banks of the river there is an animal that can cut a variety of reasons, including the construction of the building jeti reach any option. Jharera thicket of brushwood to chop off the coast of the birds, especially birds of sarasa and heron colony will be lost.
(Source: Rampaul iaie, Impacts: pre-construction and construction stages, on page 63 – 68 in)
During operation of the power plant:
Coal power plant at Rampal in iaie in 5 years has been the stage manager. This is Sundarban 5 years for coal power station on the environment will affect the following:
1) harmful sulfur and nitrogen gas:
According to the report iaie 13 0 MW of electricity per day from about 14 tons of toxic sulfur dioxide (SO2) and 85 tons of toxic nitrogen dioxide (NO2) is emitted. This is the normal way, a huge amount of SO2 and NO2 concentration of toxic gas in the air Sundarban than the current density increases with kayekaguna will destroy the entire Sundarbans. The report of the Environment Protection Act 1997, within the limits specified in the report to show iaie was a fraud protection – Environmental ‘sensitive’ areas, rather than in the Sundarban standards for residential and rural-area standards have been selected!
Iaie According to the report:
“The concentration of SO2 in the ambient air near Sundarbans region is found 8 to 10 μg/m3
(Field monitoring data, see Table 6.5). Hence, it is found that the resultant concentration (24
hr average after emission contribution and only during November to February) from the
power plant) of SO2 in the ambient air may be maximum 53.4 μg/m3 (see Table 8.3c) which
is much below the MOEF’s standard (ECR 1997), 80 μg/m3 for residential and rural area.
Therefore, the concentration of emitted SO2 is very insignificant to have any impact on Air
quality of Sundarbans. “(iaie, page 78)
The SO2 emissions from coal power stations due to the months from November to February, the concentration of SO2 in the air at the time of the Sundarban ghanamitare 8 maikrograma environmental law, which increased from 53.4 maikrograma 1997 (ECR 1997), according to the Rural Residential (residential and rural) areas ghanamitare assigned to each level of less than 80 maikrograma.
Similarly, the Sundarbans, the NO2 concentration of 16 to 51 maikrograma trebled. Their maikrograma but within safe levels have been claimed.
But the question remains whether residential or rural area in the Sundarbans, an area sensitive to the environment in the past? Like the Sundarbans, an area sensitive to environmental standards as well as standards for residential and rural areas to inspect nirdharata is Environment Protection Act -1997 ghatatei cause is understood. Environmentally sensitive areas, SO2 and NO2 in the air, according to the law of the density of the ghanamitare 30 maikrograma (30 μg/m3) can not be more than. Since the standards for environmental sensitive areas (30 μg/m3) compared with coal power project Rampal can not be avoided in any way that is designed to cover the full report Sundarban air concentrations of toxic gases as well as standards for residential and rural areas, the standards have been used!
Ii) the effect of carbon dioxide:
The Power of super critical technology in coal use is being beaten dhola cover the most common use of this technology, according to the report iaie than coal power stations with only 10 percent of the carbon dioxide will be emitted. And 80% load factor for the release of more carbon dioxide in the Sundarbans 79 million tons of possible adverse effects on the environment, which is also found in a report iaie! I have been assured that the overall amount of carbon release as a result of the increase is too much! (On page 84)
3) cattle from river water:
According to reports of the use of coal for electricity iaie animals from the river water per hour and will be ghanamitara 9150. The use of coal for power at the center, including the remaining sitalikarana water purification ghanamitara at 5150 hours and will be returned to the river again. As a result of the withdrawal of water from the river will be effective in 4000 ghanamitara per hour. Iaie the animal in the 4000 meters of water per hour withdrawal from the salinity of the water, river sediment flow, flood, high tide low tide, fish, plants and animals, including the creation of an analysis of the impact that this has on the animals in the 4000 ghanamitara water, dried Less than 1 percent of the total water flow of the season. Is subject to anxiety, withdrawal of water is less than 1 percent has been used to show the flow of information is the most recent period, 8 years ago, but 005 Received by the Board in the development of Bangladesh. (On page 85), but this iaie riportei was accepted, the upstream industry, agriculture, housekeeping, including the various development activities and environmental disasters due to the river from the day of the withdrawal of the increase in the dry days, water flows are less in the animals of the river is also a concern. (page 50). It will take time to build the center at 4 years and have at least 5 years of operation. Throughout this long period of time, then the flow of water iaie report on an animal similar to the way it was 005. 4 hours from the time of the animal when the animal withdraws water flow meters on the review of the implications of what just may not be any change in the properties of haidrolajikyala (may not be changed) is a national conversation that there is no scope for .
4) Water Pollution: He said filter, whether the emissions from coal power stations if it led to different levels of pollutants that coal power stations in the world during the ‘zero emissions’ or ‘zero discharge’ policy is adopted. The enatipisa Rampal coal power stations to generate, and the enatipisi when the coal power stations to create a ‘zero discharge’ policy following the example of India’s Chhattisgarh Rayagada near 13 0 MW coal power stations iaie report said: “Zero Discharge concepts will be followed “. (From 0 to 13 MW power plant at Rayagada iaie, Executive Summary, page by e -1).
The coal power plant at Rampal iaie report is:
“After treatment, effluent shall be discharged to the Passur River at a rate of 100 m3/hr. Effluent quality shall be monitored at different stage of discharge and intake. “
The “After filtering the liquid waste or animal iphluyenta hour river flowed at a rate of 100 ghanamitara will be. The emission and consumption levels iphluyentera gunagunera is to be monitored. “
It has been elsewhere:
“To meet the water demand for plant operation, domestic water, environmental management 9,150 m3/hr (equivalent to 2.54 m3 / s) surface water will be withdrawn from the Passur river and after treatment water shall be discharged back to the Passur river at the rate of 5,150 m3/hr. “
The “Plant management, domestic use, Environmental Management, and the animal will collect water from the river ghanamitara 9150 hours and 5150 hours to filter the river water, cattle ghanamitara emission rate will be.”
100 hours or 5150 ghanamitara ghanamitara However, the emissions from coal power stations emit the water temperature, water release rate, water drabibhuti various components with different levels of water pollution, destruction of the environment will cause the whole Sundarbans area.
5) an increase in air temperature: 75 meters in height, according to the report iaie cimani emitted from the waste gases will be 1 of 5 degrees Celsius temperature. Save the chimney to create a policy environment that will increase the uccatapa local area tapamatra not expect phapa iaie report has been published:
It is unlikely that the heated stack gas will increase local air temperature. (On page 70)
6) the toxic ash: coal power plant in the center of 4 of 7 million tons of coal burned in the 0 to 7 million tons to 50 thousand tons of Fly Ash and Bottom Ash will be produced. (Page) of the Fly Ash, Bottom Ash, ghanibhuti liquid or slurry of ash and environmental pollution because of the different levels of heavy metals such as arsenic, mercury, lead, nickel, bhyanadiyama, beriliyama, byariyama, cadmium, chromium, selenium, radium is important . (On page 87 – 88), the environmental pollution is produced that fly ash emitted through the chimney before Ash iesapi through the system, although it will still keep some flying ash, the air has to be admitted that misabe iaie report:
“Despite efficient ash management system, some fugitive ash might be produced and dispersed to the surrounding area” (on page 71)
“Very little portion of this ash might escape from the system as waste.” (On page 85)
But the more serious matter, and one side is the toxic ash environments emitted when the pollution is (on page 87) on the other hand, this ash in the project’s total 1834 acres of land within the 1414 acres of land fill is planned! (On page 63) of this waste ash’s toxic heavy metals in the mix with rain water, soil and the soil below the water level in the area cuiye project will pollute the area is not limited to the impact of the project.
Simante ash waste produced in factories, brick making, and the possibility of using a variety of industries iaie report, but in fact there’s no factory will byabahara such a plan has not been confirmed. The pukuriyara only 50 MW power station ash utpadi it is appropriate to use the. Daily waste ash produced from power stations barapukuriya 300 metrikatana a cement factory, rather than use of ash ponds and pande Ash heap of disasters brought about by being in the environment. Since the 006 and 010 until the year 60 of the 613 tons of the ash pond and the pond has been filled almost entirely. 100 acres for the ash pond at Rampal being planned. Ash pond or pond ash heap of ash and fly in the air, bottom ash mixed with soil and water cuiye asapasera jalabhumite toxic heavy metals cause serious pollution.
7) Sound Pollution: Coal power station turbines, generators, compressors, pumps, cooling towers, coal, move down, transportation of equipment and vehicles from the byabahrata noise is awful. The Sundarbans area Rampal power plant Coal power stations operate in the restricted environment of the Department of magnitude (50 dB during the day, night and 40 dB) higher than would be created by the green belts but recognize iaiete generated out of the project due to the high word is:
The operation of the plant will produce noise and at plant site, it may be felt exceeding the DoE’s limit (50 dB during daytime and 40 dB during nighttime). However, outside the project boundary, there will be no or very limited noise might be felt. The green belt and natural buffer zone around the plant and boundary wall will dampen the generated noise. (On page 84)
How to create a green bestani or even how it can be prevented sabdadusana if he does not go down, there is still the question of the day bestani will not be made. The plants grow up to be full of bestani power stations in the area at the time of the sound and the green bestanira out of high coal transportation, Move down, dredging, ground and river traffic increased because of the noise pollution on the environment of the Sundarbans and adjoining What will happen! Iaie report bestanira mitigate or remove noise from outside is not to deny, however, is not talking about its environmental impact:
Traffic movement, loading and unloading of coal, operation of conveyor belt, and coal transportation through waterways may generate noise. (On page 84)
8) health risk: from coal power stations emit sulfur, nitrogen, carbon, etc., of various compounds or mercury, lead, cadmium, etc. byariyama heavy metals pollution in the area around the cooling towers in the form of pneumonia caused by bacteria sankramanera spread of the disease. Esamparke iaie report says:
Another major health risk involves cooling tower. With world experience, different studies suggest that bacterial contamination of cooling tower may cause outbreak of pneumonia in the surrounding community. Aerosol dispersed from the cooling tower favor growth of bacteria causing pneumonia. (On page 91)
Results for transporting coal through the beautiful forest
Rampaul for coal and imported coal bidyutkendrera will be transmitted through the Sundarbans in! The Sundarbans through the thousands of tons of coal transport ship traffic throughout the year that will destroy the environment as a whole Sundarbans.
The study of the environment iaie), according to the Center Rampaul for 47 million a year in the 0 tons of coal in Indonesia, and South Africa astreliya way to import from the sea. Amadanikrta Mongla ports by ship coal through the Sundarban Rampaul from the center of power should go. Sundarban is the largest ship in the depth of the river is suitable for cattle because of the large coal ship will bring up the Sundarbans Akram, Akram then point the coal shipped from multiple small laitareja manlabandare should go. Hirana points inside the forest for the 30 km river Akram points in the large vessels of up to 59 days and Akram Point about 67 km from the port of Mongla small laitareja ship thousands of tons of coal per year for 36 days to transport!
Samiksatei the environment has been acknowledged, the movement of ships to transport coal through the Sundarbans –
1) coal transport ship coal from the powder, broken / pieces of coal, oil, dirt, garbage, ship with a huge amount of contaminated waste water give off the river – the canal – will pollute the soil, including the entire Sundarbans;
Ii) Akram points inside the Sundarban small ship coal from the ship at the time of move namanora coal powder, crushed coal, water / fall to the ground – the ground into the air into the water – cause air pollution;
3) calacalakari ship dheuye duipasera the arrow will land degradation;
4) Coal and coal transport ship loading – unloading of machinery noise from the night will be;
5) Light the night in search of the ship when the ship disapprovingly of the Sundarban forests, including protected animals – birds jibanacakrera serious adverse effects and so on.
This all results in the transport of coal from the Sundarban describes the studies have been published optimism lanes international law, the law of conservation of the environment in the running, slow-motion movement of the ship, and you do not sound unnecessarily restrict the use of unnecessary light of these terrible Sundarban is the impact on the environment will be minor damages or samanya!
(Source: Proposed Coal Power Station Environmental Rampal study, Impact of coal transportation, transshipment and handling, page 293-294)
Proposed Coal Power Station Rampal iaie brief review of the report is clear from this that, in iaie used the wrong standard, the harmful effects are reduced, in some cases, the magnitude of the loss is not a paryalocanai, ‘may’, ‘will be more likely, less chance of ‘The adjectival use damages the level of light in the vicinity of the Sundarbans in the 13 0 MW coal power plants avoided to the maximum effort, despite still real iaie in power stations to generate, manage and coal transportation in the Sundarbans on the possible adverse effects of all the information out Coal power project, which is proposed to consider the environmental consideration is unacceptable.
In fact, more than a little of the real enatipisirai 13 0 MW coal power station environmental permit has been central to the Green Panel. The 8 October 010 at the The Hindu newspaper published NTPC’s coal-based project in MP turned down or, Madhya Pradesh enatipisira coal-based project was canceled, the news is: populous areas of farmland on the thermal power allowed to be called the Central green panel in Madhya Pradesh tharamala National Power Corporation (enatipisi) 0 of 13 MW and an electricity generation project did not allow. But the opportunity to create the enatipisike 13 0 MW power plant is stored in a forest of Sundarban, agricultural land, the local people’s lives – the potential adverse effects on livelihoods that fly in the face.